- Prepare clear, complete, and accurate working plans and detail drawings (shop drawings) for Glazing Systems from Architectural Drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Details to include all views and dimensions necessary for manufacturing and field installation
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Specialty Systems
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow project-specific guidelines as outlined within the Architectural Drawings, Specifications and project estimate(s).
- Apply CAD Standards to all drawings.
- Make all adjustments or changes as directed by supervising manager.
- Record all changes and summarize to aid project manager in re-submittals.
- Understand that job descriptions change over time. You are expected to maintain competence, awareness, and compliance with your job responsibilities.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned (will be backup to sales for material takeoffs)
- Work as a member of the team, cooperating with the team leader and with project manager in an effective manner to perform high quality work.
- Be aware of budget and schedule constraints on all work executed. Make every effort to complete assignment on time and on schedule.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCAD
- Maintain and continually improve technical and professional abilities described above and required to perform assigned tasks.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Associate of Arts Degree in Engineering or Drafting (or related field)
- Drafting experience required, with experience in commercial glazing industry preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.