The Electrical Controls Engineer / Programmer designs electrical controls systems, and designs & implements the required programming to make equipment run to the customer’s needs. The electrical engineer / programmer will also create the bill of material for the electrical system so the purchasing department can order the correct parts needed for the job. This position also involves communicating with the customer and our in house mechanical engineers and sales personnel to fully understand and develop the electrical system as needed to meet the customer’s needs. This position may require the employee to travel to the customer’s facility to assist in the installation of the machine and make any necessary adjustments to the electrical design or program during installation to make it work properly.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Draw electrical schematics, panel, and machine layouts for the electrical system of machines using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Create a bill of material for the electrical system using our database & create new parts descriptions for the database.
- Research new components using catalogs or the internet & determine the best one for the application.
- Create & install PLC & HMI programs and all other software needed to make the machine operate as required.
- Help technicians and electricians with technical knowledge as needed to build or repair the machines.
- Travel to customer’s site to assist in the installation or repair of the machine’s electrical system if required.
- 3+ years of experience using Allen-Bradley RSLogix 5000, FactoryTalk View ME, AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience programming VFD and Servo Drives
- Experience with Robotics and other brands of PLC’s is a plus
- BS in Electrical Engineering is preferred, but other experience may be considered.