Excellent opportunity to grow your career and learn new skills, the electrical service technician will install, repair and troubleshoot tissue converting and/ or packaging machinery.
Electrical Service Technician Responsibilities:· Service visits with our customers
· Installation and startup of converting and packaging machines
· Refurbishment of converting and packaging machines
· Machine audits
· Training material development
· Special projects internally or with customers
· Participate in developing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program for selected customers and machines
· Assist aftermarket sales with tips/mods
· Assist in giving feedback to aftermarket group for new tips/mods for machines
· Work closely with engineering to resolve issues on machines
· Detailed reporting/follow up on customer visits made
· Travel up to 65% of the year and often on short notice
· Informally train operators, mechanics and supervisors to understand, operate troubleshoot their machinery with competence and skill
Electrical Service Technician Requirements
· 2+ years of relevant experience
· Associate Degree in Electro/mechanical or Electronics or equivalent experience.
· PLC experience required
· Have the ability to improvise and work through problems as they occur
· Understand, troubleshoot and be able to explain electrical schematics or mechanical drawing layouts and many different PLC processors and languages.
· After receiving training on a machine, be able to explain its function, operation and troubleshoot any problems.