Combi Packaging has an immediate need for a Field Service Technician to visit our packaging equipment customers to perform preventative maintenance, repairs and commissioning, and train customer personnel in the proper operation of the system controls. This position requires approximately 50% travel, including by plane and car. The new hire can be located anywhere within a 5 hour drive of Combi's corporate office in Canton, Ohio.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform project preparation and arrange travel to customer sites
- Troubleshoot robotics on equipment with cylinders, valves, AC motors and servo motors.
- Adding rungs of RS Logic programming, adding and changing timers, upload/download, etc.
- Perform minor wiring in of valves, sensors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to travel via plane to customer sites approximately 50%
- Associate or Technical Degree preferred but not required
- Five + years field service experience with machinery
- Excellent customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude as demonstrated in experience with servicing high pressure air compressors or related rotating equipment
- Previous experience on 1 and 3 phase electrical systems and have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and wire diagrams
- Computer skills for travel arranging, expense and trip reporting
- Possess basic hand tools used in industrial type repairs
- Verifiable excellent attendance