A company near Cleveland, Ohio has a position opened for an Industrial Engineer
Must have EMS experience - Electronics Manufacturing Services. Minimum of 5 years.
Summary: The Industrial Engineer requires a strong technical background coupled with excellent communication skills and good understanding of Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) including design, manufacture, test, and return/repair services. They must have excellent problem solving skills and a high mechanical aptitude. The job requirements focus on the use of Lean Manufacturing principles and design, analysis and optimization of business production systems to minimize waste and improve performance to meet standards proficiently.
Candidate must have the knowledge listed below:
- Uses and understands Lean Manufacturing principles and tools.
- Capable of leading Kaizen events and Value Steam Mapping processes for improvement opportunities.
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine manufacturing processes, staff requirements, and production standards.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities and project status.
- Draft and design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency using drafting tools and computer.
- Review production schedules, engineering specifications, orders, and related information to obtain knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Communicate with management and user personnel to develop production and design standards.
- Estimate production cost and effect of product design changes for management review, action, and control.
- Formulate sampling procedures and designs and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Record or oversee recording of information to ensure currency of engineering drawings and documentation of production problems.
- Study operations sequence, material flow, functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine worker functions and responsibilities.
- Direct workers engaged in product measurement, inspection, and testing activities to ensure quality control and reliability.
- Implement methods and procedures for disposition of defective or damaged parts, and assess cost and responsibility.
- Evaluate precision and accuracy of production and testing equipment and engineering drawings to formulate corrective action plan.
- Analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish quality and reliability objectives of finished product.
- Develop manufacturing methods, labor utilization standards, and cost analysis systems to promote efficient staff and facility utilization.
- Recommend methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to fabricate and assemble parts or products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Generates reports and data mines from Access and SQL databases.
- Uses AUTOCAD software for product design and documentation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Individual must be able to maintain confidentiality and have good Judgment. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A pleasant professional image is expected at all times. Candidate will be expected to exhibit high ethical standards and promote the same within the company.