INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE - EXTRUSION
Shifts: Must be able to work rotating shifts when needed
Monday –Sundays (3x2-2x3 6:00am-6:00pm/ 6:00pm-6:00am)
Candidate must be able to work on heavy machinery and aluminum extrusion presses. Experience with motors, pneumatic tools, hydraulic systems, single phase and three phase electricity, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all mechanics, welders, electricians on assigned shift
- Trouble shoot and correct equipment malfunctions
- Troubleshooting issues on aluminum extrusion presses and auxiliary equipment and machinery including PLCs, hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, etc.
- Ability to read, follow and understand electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, blueprints, schematics, code requirements, service manuals and manufacturers’ specifications
- Ensure preventative maintenance is completed according to schedule
- Ensure completion of scheduled repairs, rebuilds, and project work
- Ensure that all staff receives appropriate training
- Ensure that all work is performed in a safe and efficient manner
- Directly supervises employees in the maintenance department
- Must be "hands on" and willing to train others
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees as well as apprising performance and rewarding/disciplining and addressing complaints
- Inspecting and diagnosing any potential issues with plant equipment
- Performing preventative and predictive maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Replacing defective parts on machinery and electrical equipment
- Performing machine and equipment installation
- Ensuring maintenance safety standards are being met
- Basic understanding of manufacturing equipment maintenance (hydraulics, pneumatics, motors, etc.)
- Willingness to get your hands dirty
- Willingness to work off shift, weekends, and holidays
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by performing routine preventive maintenance; monitoring compliance.
- Utilize blueprints, plans, electrical drawing and code specifications to complete job tasks, repair machinery and set machines.
- Troubleshoot testing and repair manufacturing equipment which can include various electrical systems to ensure that they are working properly.
- Run tests, isolating problems, replacing damaged section and performing other tasks as required.
- Perform upgrades or preventive maintenance to electrical control systems
- Inspect, test and install systems or equipment repairing correctly for safe operation
- May be required to retrofit equipment with controls needed to improve the efficiency and performance of the devices.
- Assist in other areas and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Associates Degree tech school preferred
- Highly skilled in the areas of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical
- Specialized skills in industrial maintenance, industrial technology, mechanical drawing, math, computer programming, electronics or another related field
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Proficient in electrical installation, maintenance and repair
- Should possess strong manual dexterity
- Previous supervising or lead experience
Work Environment: Duties are performed in a loud and uncontrolled environment (production setting) subject to extreme temperatures. Some duties may be required to be performed outside.
No visa sponsorship (H1-B, etc.) available at this time, sorry.