Combi Packaging in North Canton has an immediate need for a Lean Engineer to lead and deploy best practices in the Engineering department by taking initiative to support continuous improvement in various processes by reducing costs and improving the flow of material and cycle times. They will lead, facilitate, execute, and manage projects to reduce costs significantly by implementing Lean, WCP, and Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute company strategy associated with implementation of Lean systems in a fast-paced environment; develop methods that assist in reducing cost without compromising quality to ensure increased efficiency and process repeatability.
- Organize, plan, and deliver team training based on Lean principles; plan, execute, and manage projects to completion through product continuous improvement.
- Employ Lean methodologies and tools in order to accomplish business objectives.
- Define measurable goals and objectives for Lean activities.
- Implement and follow-up on Lean improvements, and identify and evaluate resource requirements to support Lean implementations.
- Liaison with management on Lean implementation, and communicate plans, actions, & results to the organization.
- Manage all activities for continuous improvement & performance enhancement, and achieve cost effective research, design, and development of the work process; determine the root cause of inefficiencies and make recommendations for changes.
- Plan and reach expense budget objectives, identify manufacturing cost reductions, and track and execute cost reduction for process improvements.
- Assist in preparing the detailed drawings that will eventually assist in improving processes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
- Previous Continuous and/or Process Improvement project experience.
- Formal LSS training; GB Certification preferred.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Strong coaching, facilitation, and organizational skills.
- Must be proactive, creative, and hands-on.
- Excellent oral & written communication and presentation skills.