Responsible for performing minor and major equipment repairs and preventative inspections on equipment as per procedures in a safe and professional manner as directed. Completes necessary paperwork accurately and on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES1. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment, using electrical and electronic test equipment. Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
2. Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts, following specifications and blueprints, using precision measuring instruments and hand tools.
3. Installs and repairs electrical apparatus, such as transformers and wiring, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment.
4. Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment
5. May operate cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
6. Records repairs made and costs.
7. Trains new and less qualified mechanics in troubleshooting and other maintenance procedures.
8. Presents summary of work related events at staff meetings.
9. Other duties as assigned.
10. Able to Read Electrical and Hydraulic prints
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Requires a HS Diploma/GED. Graduation from an industrial trade school highly preferred. Extensive previous experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
2. Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, benefits, repair, and maintenance.
3. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
4. Must be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
5. Must have normal color vision and be able to work all shifts.
6. Strong skills dealing with troubleshooting and repairs of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic problems on production and associated equipment.
7. Team-oriented individual with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
8. Excellent leadership skills and the ability to train and develop others.
9. Ability to perform basic functions on a computer.