TITLE: MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER
INDUSTRY: PRODUCT MANUFACTURING
AREA: Western Kansas City
Our client, an exciting, creative and innovative manufacturing firm with plants in around the US and part of the global multinational company with markets in Europe, North America, South America and China. They have commissioned Sterling St. James, LLC to source, screen and qualify candidates for the position of Manufacturing Team Leader / Engineer for their West Kansas City manufacturing location.
This is a full-time position with potential to grow with the company.
The firm has roots dating back to 1950’s and covers a variety of commercial and industrial applications in construction, security, design and storage, etc. The company has continued to grow and has made several strategic acquisitions that give employees a lot of opportunity to grow with them.
The company’s standards are high, but the rewards are great. They are poised to make an impact in their specialty market place.
1. Drive improved performance and efficiency for all manufacturing based initiatives to include cost
reduction, scrap reduction, communication, safety, housekeeping, team member evaluation, training,
staffing levels, associate pay, and compliance with all company policies and procedures.
2. Support and promote our Lean Vision and ensure full participation and adherence to our Continuous
3. Support, comply with, and ensure Health & Safety regulations are adhered to.
4. Support, comply with, and ensure Quality and Environmental standards and all other Company policies
and procedures are adhered to.
5. Embraces personal challenge and demonstrates leadership regarding organizational change.
6. Ability to problem solve and do root cause analysis.
7. Takes an active role in Team Member development.
8. Able to fill in and assist in Operation’s Managers role when required.
1. BS/BA Degree a plus
2. Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience gained through supervision in multiple settings (departments, plants, etc.)
and/or through advanced college training in business management.
3. Must be capable of working with cross-functional resources.
4. Ability to perform the planning, directing, reporting, and administrative responsibilities of this position.
5. Mechanical aptitude is necessary,.
6. Above average computer aptitude.
7.Lean/5S/Six Sigma/Kaizen experience and certification are ideal.
8. Project management experience within manufacturing/production
If you feel you are qualified and are ready to move, send your resume in MS Word format as an attachment for immediate consideration.
This is a solid position with an opportunity to be closely involved in the manufacture of commercial door systems and equipment and impact the success of the company. The company appreciates your effort and results. Please send your resume to us for details!