Sartori specializes in making and selling premium, award-winning cheese to the finest retailers, restaurants, and food manufacturers in the US and the world. We’re proud that Sartori is a fourth-generation family owned and operated company in the great American tradition.
We are seeking a Process Engineer to lead continuous improvement initiatives to expand manufacturing capabilities, lower operational costs and increase process efficiencies.
- Reviews operational demands and develops project plans for operational gaps.
- Analyzes processing and packaging technology and equipment to recommend the most effective methods of manufacturing.
- Develops and manages capacity models for production lines and works with plant management team to ensure capital purchases are aligned with capacity projections.
- Analyzes, designs and implements changes to equipment layout and work flow.
- Develops and manages purchased equipment manufacturing standards (SOPs) and performance expectations.
- Sources equipment vendors to support expansion of manufacturing processes and commercialization of new products.
- Leads and manages multiple business projects for major improvement initiatives throughout the Company.
- Builds and maintains relationships with product development to determine appropriate process to commercialize new products, develop commercialization cost models and assure a smooth transition from concept to full scale production.
- Collaborates with maintenance in development of effective preventive maintenance procedures for equipment.
- Develops work instructions, training and statistical performance measures for new or improved processes and equipment and ensures it is effectively transitioned to operations team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical or Packaging Engineering, required.
Relevant experience analyzing operational capacity vs. planned production and implementing equipment installations for efficiency, required.
- Experience working in CAD and familiarity with 5s, LEAN and food industry practices highly desirable.
- Your communication skills persuade and influence.
- You are an analytical thinker who enjoys a solving problems.
- You can adapt to new or changing project needs and/or priorities.
- You enjoy partnering with cross-functional groups.
- You are goal driven individual who has a strong commitment to the customer and quality.
In addition to competitive salary + bonus, profit sharing and a comprehensive benefit package we offer:
Privately held, growing company
A family focused atmosphere with a collaborative spirit
A culture that supports being our best selves – work / life balance, onsite workout facility, dietician and free fitness classes
A strong commitment to our customers