Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Job Opportunity at
MJ Recruiters LLC
Posted on Oct 18
Mansfield, Ohio area
Salary up to $75K
Do you enjoy fast-paced manufacturing environments and being on the manufacturing floor up to 70% of your day?
Would you like to take ownership of a specific area of a manufacturing plant?
Do you have continuous improvement experience?
This position could be for you!
Successful, fast-paced automotive supplier has an opportunity for a Process Engineer to oversee engineering activities in a delegated area of the manufacturing plant. The company supplies the automotive industry and is diverse in their customer base. The Process Engineer will report to an Area Manager. As the Process Engineer you will work with a group of engineers focused on optimizing the manufacturing process in your assigned department. Daily activities will include:
Identifying and implementing scrap reductions, efficiency improvements and continuous improvement initiatives
Completing cost analysis, justification, specification and procurement of capital equipment
Ensuring preventative maintenance activities are completed in the assigned area
Conceptualizing, overseeing and outsourcing fixture and gauge projects
Partnering with quality to determine root cause analysis, utilizing formal problem solving techniques, such as 5WHY and fishbone analysis, and implementing corrective actions
Supporting the new model team by running trail runs when needed
Performing mechanical troubleshooting to eliminate downtime in the assigned manufacturing area
Partnering with team members to complete continuous improvement activities utilizing Six Sigma methodologies
Assisting with HMI troubleshooting, upgrading and installation
Completing detailed manufacturing reports and sharing with management
Other duties as assigned by management
This position requires candidates to be on the floor up to 70-80% of the time. Candidates should have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, be able to build rapport with the hourly workforce, have good work history and enjoy floor presence.
Benefits are very competitive, including profit sharing, medical (day one of employment), dental, 401K, life, LTD, paid holidays and vacation.
Requirements for the Process Engineer:
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field (mechanical engineering, mechanical engineering technology, manufacturing technologies, industrial technologies highly preferred)
2. A minimum of three years in a similar manufacturing and/or process engineering role
3. A proven track record of process improvements, including improving up time, increasing throughput or reducing scrap
4. Mechanical troubleshooting (examples: hydraulics, pneumatics, gears, motors, etc.)
5. Basic project management skills
6. Fast-paced manufacturing experience
7. Microsoft Office
Skills that are preferred, BUT NOT required:
1. Automotive supplier experience
2. Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies
3. Maintenance and/or capital equipment projects
4. Robotics and/or HMI experience
Why work for this organization:
1. Diverse automotive business mix
2. Facility is growing – adding hourly and salary staff
3. Opportunity for advancement
4. Competitive benefits, including profit sharing and 401K
5. Medical benefits available day one of employment
6. Upgrading technology in the plant
7. Company is privately held and a leader in their industry
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Mansfield, Ohio area. Regional relocations will be offered for candidates meeting all requirements.
BSME, BSMET, BSEE, Mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, mechanical engineering technology, mechanical engineering, process engineer, manufacturing engineer, industrial technologies, manufacturing technologies, project engineer, engineering staff, engineering internship, engineering coop, co-op, capital equipment project, process improvement, continuous improvement, cost reduction, scrap reduction, Six Sigma Green Belt, Certified Six Sigma, 6 Sigma, 6-Sigma,
Terms of Usage
IndustrialEngineer.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)