The Production Supervisor is a leadership role responsible for planning and coordinating the activities of all assigned personnel. This position plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions to achieve the assigned goals for Safety, Quality and Productivity.
If you are looking for an opportunity to shine and are familiar with production processes and extruded plastic then we invite you to apply.
• BA/BS in Business, Management, or Engineering as well as a minimum of two years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience working in a team-based environment.
• Three to Five years of process-engineering experience.
• Basic understanding of heat forming, plastic extrusion, and material science – preferred.
• Prior experience in troubleshooting plastic extruders, heat formers, and auxiliary equipment.
• Prior experience working in an ISO 9000 certified facility. Lean Manufacturing experience is a plus.
• Prior experience in AutoCad (2D and 3D) drawing package.
• Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products, experience with an MRP/ERP system is a must.
• Previous experience with applying best practices, implementing and using continuous improvement and lean tools such as; Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing, Transactional Lean, etc. to drive improvement.