Our client is looking for a sharp Product Manager with solid Industrial Technical Product experience. Great opportunity to be the CEO of the product. You will make the product decisions, make the selling gross margin, meet the sales goals and be the lead resource when deep product expertise is required. This includes supporting the departments that work directly with customers and developing comprehensive business development strategy
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct initiatives to establish a robust and detailed voice of the customer on a regular basis, primarily with regard to products and services.
- Create formal business cases and product descriptions and work as a facilitator between the various internal organizations to ensure product line strategy, policy and processes are negotiated, documented, and executed accurately.
- Lead New Product Development process, leads line addition and enhancement initiatives in support of Policy Deployment.
- Lead project team taking inputs and challenges, setting priorities, and securing the development of market and customer-focused products. Resolves and escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Develop Commercialization Plan which provides guidance to the marketing communications department to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer to create the most optimal impact in the market for sales materials.
- Build strong working relations with other functional areas such as sales, manufacturing, engineering, purchasing, technical support and customer service to maximize product placement, achieve revenue objectives, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct margin analysis, industry/market research, and in-life performance measurement to determine product demand, positioning, viability, and profitability
- Lead resource for product expertise and understands all product attributes and features
- Create and maintain Product Specification for assigned product lines
- A deep understanding of competitive products and related technologies
- Track product quality and warranty issues and develop / execute plan for mitigation
- Delivers clear guidelines to Sales organization relating to product specifications, volume estimates, target sales prices, phase-in and phase-out plans, etc.
- Create and maintain the Opportunity Development Matrix
- Creating the New Product Roadmap
- Develop value based pricing models
- Understand product cost drivers and develop plan for cost improvement
- Demonstrated strong business acumen including interpretation of financial statements
- Lead the development, approval, training, and communication of new products/product changes and their associated customer, operational, system, & process impacts to the various internal organizations.
- Communicate with all areas of the company, and works with engineering partners to define global product release requirements.
- Develop & conduct specialized training on new products launched and raise awareness & application of relevant subject matter.
- Act as the internal and external champion for the global product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
- Identify and present innovative and creative product solutions.
- Provide recommendations on product standard pricing by channel and market where appropriate
- Provide recommendations to the Senior Product Manager for product line warranty policy
- Provide guidance for tactical planning (e.g. demand estimates by product line)
- Attend appropriate trade shows
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in an industrial marketing environment
- Display aggressive, persuasive, and creative problem solving skills with a high level of critical thinking and logical reasoning in cross-functional process analysis and problem resolution for new and existing products.
- Ability to conduct Voice-Of-Customer initiatives and derive innovative solutions to address them through product or service improvements or new product development.
- Forward thinking and possesses the ability to develop, document and implement systems and procedures that result in increased effectiveness for all areas of responsibility
- Be a self-starter, a highly motivated person able to work in a fast paced environment that is continually changing
- A structured approach to working methods, including being able to prioritize and manage Team-orientated and focused, be able to lead cross functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, organization, and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of the personal computer and the Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Advanced spreadsheet and numerical analysis skills: business cases, margin and cash flow analysis
- Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials
- Ability to read, understand and communicate technical documentation
Travel approximately 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- MBA strongly desired.
- Global experience desired.
Open to regional relocation for a STRONG candidate.