- Champion a Health & Safety Culture with zero accidents / incidents mentality
- Effectively demonstrate and communicate Safety First principles and values to ensure all team members understand their personal responsibility for achieving Safety Excellence under the Operational Excellence platform. Facilitate H&S ownership by the line organization through the integration of the H&S Management System.
- Ensure the overall organization and each individual site is in compliance with the H&S policies along with local, State and Federal OSHA laws.
- Manage the Health & Safety Program and associated systems
- Lead the development and maintenance of all Health & Safety related training. Ensure proper training programs are in place at each site location and are conducted according to the Safety programs guidelines
- Work closely with local, State and Federal agencies as it relates to Health & Safety. Provide site support as required.
- Serve as the Company liaison between the company and regulatory agencies as applicable.
- Conduct Health & Safety audits across the company's site locations identifying issues and compliance gaps. Recommend solutions to minimize or eliminate the risks. Facilitate the follow up on corrective actions to assure timely response. Audits should include visual observation, interviews, and review of records.
- Lead and drive continuous improvement in all aspects of safety including the overall frequency and severity rates through decreasing accidents / incidents while lowering Workers Compensation fees while enhancing the complete safety manual.
- Investigate thoroughly all accidents, injuries, and near misses to address all contributing factors appropriately to eliminate hazards through management/employee involvement.
- Develop preventative / corrective actions with local teams.
- Work with outside contractors in assuring a satisfactory completion of projects while considering Safety, Quality, Production and Maintenance.
- Work with Plant Manager and Corporate Engineer in completing capital projects in and outside the plant.
- Maintain necessary OSHA and EPA record for compliance.
- Facilitate the develop and ongoing management of the Employee Safety Teams at each site.
- Assist HR / general management with general liability claims
- Perform job safety and risk analysis as necessary
- Compliance: Comply with the applicable compliance guidelines
- Safety First: Commit to act according to the key management principles and the safety first culture as defined in the Safety first policy.
- Maintain Transitional Work Program to progress injured employees to normal duties and lifestyle as soon as possible through utilizing the local hospital services.
- Coordinate and provide the necessary training/services through outside companies to remain compliant in respirator training, fire, audiometric testing, etc.
- Coordinate and identify any necessary industrial hygiene studies needed to assure compliance in hearing conservation, air contaminants, ventilation, and ergonomics
- Lead the H&S Committee
- Serve as a member of the Operations Leadership Team
- Serve as a member of the Division’s Safety First Team
Bachelors Degree in Occupational Health & Safety or Industrial Hygiene.
5+ years of Health and Safety experience
OSHA Standards, Workers Comp, Industrial Hygiene practices
Professional oral, written and interpersonal skills
Computer skills such as word, excel, vision
Ability to investigate incidents completely, make objective decisions
Up to 30% travel