Job Title: Safety and Crashworthiness Simulation Engineer
Location: Superior Township, MI
Duration: Contract/Long Term
Exp range: 3-6 Years
• Conducting structural design evaluation simulations using nonlinear FEA solver LS-DYNA.
• Performing full vehicle simulations per IIHS and NHTSA protocol for all high-speed frontal, side and rear impact events.
• Develop correlated simulation models after crash tests and use the correlated model to provide design directions.
• Collaborate with body structures and restraint team in developing optimized designs.
• Developing component models and support test engineers in designing new component tests for quick evaluation of countermeasures.
• Build FE sled models as needed.
• Document evaluation results and create technical reports.
• Attend crash tests and vehicle teardowns as necessary.
• Create technical reports per the guidelines and present to all collaborating teams as needed.
• Experience in (preferably 5+ and US OEMs) in safety & crash simulation, and good proficiency with LS-DYNA, HYPERWORKS and other CAE tools.
• Strong knowledge of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS).
• Expertise in analysis of crash test data.
• Ability to work independently and with others.
• Excellent Communication Skills.
• Strong Analytical skills.
• Masters/Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering.