Sr. Civil / Structural Engineer
Locations: Manchester NH, Pittsburgh PA, Exton PA, Raleigh NC, Tampa FL, Dallas TX, Marlborough MA, Albany NY, Syracuse NY, and Portland ME
The Sr. Civil / Structural Engineer is required to work within a multi-discipline team to develop efficient and reliable design of civil site work and lay-out for substation and transmission line utility projects. You will coordinate design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. You may also be required to assist the Estimating Team in preparation of estimates and project proposals.
- Designing structures for electrical substation and transmission line facilities including steel and timber substation support structures, foundations, site development and control buildings, and ancillary structures.
- Delivering accurate and thorough designs that will meet industry standards and specifications.
- Reviewing internal and external designs for code compliance, good design practice and constructability.
- Preparing project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation.
- Resolving site queries, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to civil/structural design and construction, including all completion packages, as-built requirements and return data information.
- Making and maintaining appropriate commitments to project teams and coordinating design activities with multi-disciplined project team members.
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal groups that support projects such as Procurement, Drafting, Project Management, etc.
- Maintaining good working relationships with clients, material suppliers, contractors, and any others that affect the quality, schedule and cost of projects.
- Ability to mentor both entry level and experienced engineers
Salary: $DOE. Also offers bonus structure, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance.
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering from a recognized institution.
- P.E. Registration is preferred or eligible for P.E. Licensing.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in civil and structural designs for electrical substation facilities and/or transmission line support structures.
- Working knowledge of S-frame and S-Steel design software or similar software and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, MS Outlook.
- Knowledge of codes and standards such as IEEE and ANSI, including OH&S Regulations, NERC and FERC Regulations.