Productive Resources has been providing engineering services to some of the nation’s largest and most renowned companies for almost fifteen years. Our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions keeps our clients turning to us to meet their engineering service’s needs. Our contacts and experience combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you.
This opportunity is for a Tool Designer on site at our client. As an employee of Productive Resources, you will plan, coordinate and perform designs for complex components and assemblies using the preferred 3-Dimensional (3D) Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool and protocols. Use technical judgment. May work with junior personnel to complete tasks.
· Plan, coordinate and perform design work for complex 3D engineering models and components.
· Exhibit detailed knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) Standards and can apply it to many varied situations.
· Perform as expert user of 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) system with considerable experience in Top Down design work for complex 3D engineering models and components.
· May provide document maintenance and have responsibility for placement and routing of electronic circuits.
· May create Printed Circuit Board (PCB) fabrication drawings, plan PCB projects and create electronic schematic diagrams.
· Provides modeling leadership and counsel to other employees.
No sponsorships are available for this opportunity.
· Minimum 5 years’ experience as a full time Tool Designer with experience in one or more of the following tooling areas: assembly, gage, machining, special machines.
· Excellent working knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD, preferably Creo.
· Ability to complete the design and detailing of a tool/fixture in Creo by following written and/or verbal descriptions and/or hand sketches.
· Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes used in the manufacture of tools/fixtures and supporting components
· Excellent knowledge of materials used in the manufacture of tools/fixtures and supporting components.
· Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
· Ability to solve complex issues related to tooling
· Ability to use of Microsoft Word/Excel for daily tasks.
If you are the right person, if you have the expertise we need, submit your resume now!